Valero Research Scholarship – for MS students only
Deadline: September 16, 2016
Award amount: $1,000
- Must be COE full-time M.S. students with unconditional admission or clear of admission conditions.
- Must be enrolled in full time for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters (at least 9 credit hours and 6 of the 9 are at the graduate level)
- Must be enrolled in 6 hours at graduate level if graduating in Fall 2016. Must be enrolled in 3 hours at graduate level if graduating in Spring 2017.
- At least a cumulative graduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Award will be terminated anytime semester GPA falls below 3.0
- Preference will be given to students with no other financial supports from the College.
Computational Solid Mechanics (CSM) Competitive Scholarship
Deadline: September 2, 2016
Award amount: $1,000
- Full-time Ph.D. students in the Mechanical Engineering Department not receiving a scholarship (research assistantship ok) for AY 2017.
- Students cannot be receiving another competitive scholarship simultaneously. (Receiving other financial support, RA or TA, is permitted)
- The research topic being pursued – must be in the area of Computational Solid Mechanics
- Students need to take at least 9 credit hours at their graduating semester to qualify for the scholarship
Deadline: September 15, 2016
Award amount: $2,000 each semester (renewable)
Who Should Apply: UTSA MS-MatE Students
- Interested in research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) of electronic materials, devices and systems;
- Participate in weekly materials engineering research seminar and/or to conduct directed research under faculty supervision.
- Interested in developing future career with Navy, civilian or military.
Why Apply – One or a combination of the benefit(s):
- Fellowships – GR only – $2,000 each semester (renewable)
- Tuition for Directed Research/Independent Study: up to 3 SCH (one-time only)
- Summer Research Internships – up to $4,000
- Summer Research/Training Experiences at UTSA, UT Austin & others
- Summer Naval Lab Research Internships (travel & stipend by DoN)
- Travel fund for conference attendance/presentations (open anytime)
- BS/MS or MS student with qualifications satisfy DoD security clearance process.
- Enrolled full time in an engineering major of UTSA: MS-MatE (with unconditional admission); engineering BS/MS integrated Program (activated).
- GPA≥3.0 for MS or BS/MS integrated programs.
Deadline: September 6, 2016
Award amount: $1,000
- You must be a graduate student enrolled in one of the materials engineering research related disciplines, UTSA.
- At the time of the award you will not be (i) receiving equal or more than half-time UTSA assistantship/fellowship of a combined total of $23K a year (12-mo.) or (ii) committed in working engagement(s) equivalent to 20 or more hours per week.
- You are enrolled in full time (defined by Graduate School and/or Office of International Programs) and with good academic standing.
Selection will be made by the Selection Committee based on applicants’ established merits and/or demonstrated potential in experimental or computational graduate research in the area of Electronic Materials and Devices. Students completed materials/devices core course and/or with prior research accomplishments will have priority consideration.
Graduate Student Professional Development (Travel) Awards from Graduate School
Deadline: One month prior to travel
General Scholarship Requirements
All scholarships awarded by the College of Engineering Graduate Programs require the recipient to:
- Be actively pursuing a degree in one of the College of Engineering graduate programs and in good academic standing with the university.
- Be enrolled as an Engineering major
- Be enrolled as a F/T student (9 semester credit hours for graduate students), unless otherwise noted
- Meet any other requirements as stated in the scholarship criteria
- Award amounts are generally divided equally between the two semesters. Students must meet grade and enrollment requirements to receive the remainder of the award.
*The Eligibility Summary does not encompass all of a specific scholarship’s eligibility requirements. For a full list of a scholarship’s eligibility requirements, please download the scholarship’s application or visit the linked website.
Additional scholarships are available through local and national organizations. Visit the following websites to determine eligibility and requirements:
Submitting Completed Scholarship Applications
Unless otherwise noted, please return your completed scholarship application and all required documents to the UTSA College of Engineering in one of the following ways:
College of Engineering Dean’s Office BSE 2.106 UTSA Main Campus
College of Engineering The University of Texas at San Antonio One UTSA Circle San Antonio, TX 78249